Sunday, December 5, 2010

Priceless

Last night we were driving home from Target and Chris mentioned that he wanted to go see some Christmas lights. I remember that there is this one street where the whole neighborhood decorates. It is called Candy Cane Lane. As we drive down the road amazed with all the lights we saw this one house where all these cars are just stopping. So we stopped. This house was lite from top to bottom with lights, there was Christmas music playing, and then I see this sign that says open Friday and Saturday night 7 to 10 pm. This couple that lives in this house dress up like Mr. and Mrs. Clause and sit in front and give out Candy Canes to the cars that stop by. It was really neat. Anyway long explanation for what I am getting at but I had to set the atmosphere.

When we pulled up to the house there was one other car in front of us. So we waited our turn. As soon as Charly had realized that we were going to see Santa she covered her eyes with both hands and would not remove them. Gavin loved the lights and I thought he would be excited. Our turn comes. I turned on the inside lights, rolled down Gavins window and up come Santa and Mrs. Clause. She reached into the window to say hi to Gavin and we here this scream. Gavin lost it. Mrs. Clause is trying to give him a candy cane and he is pushing her hand out the window and crying hysterically. Santa come to my window just laughing so hard. He tells me that is is priceless. He says I wish I had a camera this is the first car that I have seen that you have one with her hands over her eyes and the other one crying. I was laughing so hard I was crying. My poor kids, what am I going to do with them.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Lets go again...I would totally appreciate Mrs. Clause giving me a candy cane. That rocks. Your kids don't know what they are missing.

Carter said...

Fun. We wish we could've seen you guys this Christmas. Hope all is going well for you guys.