Friday, September 19, 2008

5 YEARS

Five years ago today Chris and I were on our way to be married for time and all eternity. He asked me this morning, "Does it feel like we have been married for 5 years?" I told him it seems longer. Not in a bad way but in a way that I can't remember him not being with me.

To celebrate our anniversary Chris and I went to Manti over Labor Day weekend. He surprised me with a three day, two night bed and breakfast getaway. It was so nice. There is really not much to do in Manti but in a way it is exactly what we needed. There was no busy traffic, no shopping malls, and really no restaurants but we had a great time.

Saturday morning we got up and went to do a session at the temple. It was wonderful. That afternoon we went canoeing, went bowling (I realized I am not a good bowler. Chris bowled a 168 and I bowled a 40. It was embarrassing but we had a good time.) Then we played a game of pool and I impressed him with my pool skills. We pretty much did everything you can do in Manti but I loved every minute of it. This is one trip I will not forget.

Happy Anniversary Chris, I love you.

(This is one of the pictures we took of the temple. It was a beautiful day.)

5 comments:

Maria said...

Happy 5 years! It has gone by really fast and don't worry I'm not very good at bowling either :)

Mardi said...

I am so glad that you've started a blog - and happy anniversary!

CorayFam said...

So cute Ash and that last picture is AMAZING!! Happy Anniversary..firve years...WOW!! :)

The Clems said...

happy anniversary! that sounded really romantic! im glad you had fun!

Angelique said...

I can't believe it! Time is flying by so fast...what a fun trip and great pics!